Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Saying "Yes"

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Over the past several weeks I have had the opportunity to travel to several states for a few various reasons - visiting colleges that my son was considering, taking training programs, attending a national conference for professional organizers...

During this busy time one theme has emerged and re-emerged in various places from various people and has been stated in different ways.  The theme is this:

Changing the world is up to ME.

Some of the ways that it has been said are:
            "If it's to be, it's up to me."
                                                     "If not you, then who?"
                   "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

So, this week  my blog is a challenge.  It is a challenge that I am posing to myself and that I ask my readers to consider accepting for themselves.  

The challenge is simply this:  Say "YES" to whatever possibilities for bettering the world present themselves to you over the next 2 weeks.  Donations, volunteerism, interpersonal requests for support, neighborhood planting/cleanup/recycle events.... 

The opportunities confront us almost daily if we choose to acknowledge them - donate a dollar outside the grocery store, offer to watch a neighbor's kid for an hour, participate in a school or church outreach event.  

And remember, whatever you choose to DO, the resulting "change" is up to YOU. 
BE the Change
and enjoy the new world you are creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment