Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My "Coffee Cuffs"

I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.
- Pablo Picasso

Early in 2010 I researched a craft that caught my interest.  In March I blogged about coffee sleeves made from recycled fabrics.  I am happy (and excited!) to report that in September I took out the sewing machine my husband bought me last year, read the instructions and got started....

"Threading My First Bobbin"
Me, my sister Loretta, (and 2 Cosmos)

I figured out the machine.  I bought some cotton batting.  Then I took the old shirts, jeans, fabrics, etc that I had collected and washed and used a cardboard coffee sleeve to use as a template.  Once I made my first, I figured out how many I needed to make per week in order to have them ready to give as Christmas gifts and voila!




2 comments:

  1. Good for you. Allison uses hers all the time. She loves it! Great gift! Love your spirit of trying new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lent mine to a friend on a bus trip (always carry it with me). She said that it was MUCH better than the paper one, which still left her hands burning! Hee, hee! Was so excited to 'show it off'!

    ReplyDelete